Friday, July 11, 2008

Minnesota! From North Mankato

I realized it's been a long time since I've blogged, so I figured I'd fill everyone in on what's going on.

This week has been very busy for us. We've visited churches in South Dakota and Minnesota every night this week since Monday. I'm glad to be in so-called "covenant country" because we get to meet so many new people and have conversations in far more churches that we could earlier in the trip. While it's been very rewarding, it's also been tiring. We've been biking around 60 miles a day consistently and still visiting churches in the evenings.

Biking into a new town and a new church every day is sometimes a bit overwhelming! There are new people, new situations, new injustices that are brought to our attention. There is so much to process about each visit and neighborhood - but very little time to do it. That being said, I've been learning so much from the people we meet and am so thankful for this opportunity.

The hospitality that we have received has been incredible - thank you to all of the people who have made time in their schedules and lives to help us along the way. I pray that you will all continue to provide to those in need, as you've challenged me to do.

More soon...

peace,
eric

3 comments:

Havalyn and JL said...

Eric! I'm still rooting for you guys and I'm still very excited for you. I wish I could ride in your pocket and see what happens everyday (I'd have to be in your pocket, because there's no way I'd make it biking sixty miles a day. Dang, you guys are rock stars.) I can't wait to hear about this whole adventure in full when you come back. Blessings on your heads, mazeltov!

Caroline Younts said...

It was great to meet you all and hear you speak in church this morning. I am happy to know my friend Matt is surrounded by love and encouragement on this journey and I am thinking about your team all the time! Lots of love.

Swedish Colombian said...

Thanks for all your posts - I've enjoyed reading your thoughts so much. It's also very fun to keep track of your progress across the country.
I'd love to hear you talk if you come through Chicago, visiting churches. Is there any way to post here WHERE you're scheduled to speak?
Thanks,
Chris Hagberg (Grace Cov, Chgo)