Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Into the desert

Matt here, in Reno. The rest of the team is in Fallon, NV. Unfortunately, I twisted my knee last week in Sacramento, CA and have had to miss the last few days of biking. The most frustrating part of it all was that it wasn't even a biking injury. No, I got hurt walking down the stairs.

Luckily, my dad was kind enough to fly out and keep me company and cart me around this weekend while I recovered. And I'm thankful for that.

Tomorrow morning, I'll rejoin the team in Fallon and we'll head out into the desert. It's going to be a much different desert than we'd anticipated (forecasted high of just 65 tomorrow). Today my dad and I picked up a bunch of tubes and other spare parts in preparation for the weeks ahead (I would be very surprised if we found another bike shop between here and Colorado).

So pray that I'm ready physically and that we will be taken care of these next few weeks. We have no more hospitality lined up for nearly 3 weeks but I feel good about that. It's been refreshing to wake up in the morning and ride east not knowing where we'll sleep that night, but not worrying about it.

I don't know when the next blog entry will be. Perhaps there will be wireless interet in the middle of the desert. But there's no chance of that. We'll update when we can.

Our dear friend and tech adviser Paul Johnson has added a nice little map to the site in the bar on the right. You can check out progress on there. Also, we now have links to Spark and Acirfa in the sidebar there for easier access.

Reversal

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am praying for you Matt and for the rest of the team as well. Please keep blogging whenever you can! I know that there are a lot of people who enjoy reading about your thoughts, experiences, and how God is working through you.

Caroline Younts said...

Ah! Don't get hurt! Be careful, be safe.. I miss you!

The Runner said...

In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and deth. I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever approaching thunder, which wil destroy us, too, I can feel the suffering of millions, and yet, if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come right, that this cruelty will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again. In the meantime, I must uphold my ideals, for perhaps the time will come when I shall be able to carry them out.- anne frank.

Keep hope.